Strategic Alpha is committed to preserving your trust and confidence. Because your privacy is important, we have created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate this commitment. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website.
USE OF YOUR IP ADDRESS
An IP (Internet Protocol) address is a 32-bit numeric address written as four numbers separated by periods. It is a unique identifier for a computer or device on a network like the Internet. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. Your IP address is used to help identify you and to gather broad information to help us better serve you.
A “cookie” is a small piece of information that is stored by your Internet browser software on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are commonly used to facilitate secure website connections via a unique user name and password, so that you can buy things in an online store and access services that are in password protected areas of a site. They also may be used to facilitate automatic log-in (you can save your own user name and password so you don’t have to re-enter it each time you visit). Cookies are used to authenticate website users and keep track of the user session. They allow us to better analyze our site’s traffic patterns and to provide improved content, throughput, products and services. They help us to refine and enhance the visitor registration process and add personalization features to customize the site to your needs. Cookies also help identify information that we may need to better serve you should there be any problems with your use of this site. This kind of information may include the web browser you use, the type of computer, the operating system, the Internet service providers, and other similar information. This information is used for various personalization features. We may share this information with our partners, suppliers, and other third parties so that they can better serve you.
COLLECTION AND USE OF DATA
Our site’s registration form requires users to give us contact information (such as name and e-mail address). We use the information to communicate our services and information about our company. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings by using the tool explained in the “Updating and Removal of Data” section below. Unique identifiers are collected to verify the user’s identity, for use as account numbers in our record system, and for other purposes. Demographic profile data is also collected at our site.
LINKS TO WEBSITES OUTSIDE OF THIS ONE
This site may contain links to other sites outside of our own network. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
CUSTOMER ORDER INFORMATION
Our site uses order forms for customers to request information, products and services. Contact information from the order form is used to send orders, communicate information and promotional material from our company and partner companies. Financial information that is collected is used to bill you for products and services ordered.
The security of your information is of concern to us. When you place orders on this site, your information is transmitted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. Furthermore, we have implemented industry standard security mechanisms and procedures to protect data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. While we are focused on the security of your information, no security is 100% effective and we cannot promise (and you should not expect), that your information will remain secure in all circumstances.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We share the information that you provide to us in the following circumstances:
1. Service Providers. From time to time we may share information with companies and individuals who provide servicing, administrative, marketing and other services for us, or on our behalf. These services may include fulfillment centers, mailing houses, event providers, and customer support organizations.
2. Affiliates. From time to time we may share information with our affiliates. These include (a) companies that we own or control, companies that own or control us, or companies that are owned or controlled by the same companies that own or control us. Such information may be used by our affiliates to promote their products and services to you. Where such information sharing occurs, our affiliates will follow the terms contained in this policy.
3. Third Parties. We will not share your personal or contact information with unaffiliated third parties.
4. Law Enforcement. We may cooperate with reasonable requests for information from law enforcement agencies. As a result, we reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity. In addition, we reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your information may protect our, your, or another person’s rights, property or safety.
5. Other Persons As Permitted by Law. We may share your information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your information with governmental entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
6.. Transfers. In the event that all, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired, your information will be transferred to the acquiring company.
If we are legally required to notify you about a security incident we will either notify you by e-mail, writing, or phone at our discretion.
This site supplements the information that you provide with information that is received from third parties. For example, your address may be run against the U.S. postal service database in an effort to correct any typographical errors, so that the publications you seek will indeed arrive at the right location.
UPDATING AND REMOVAL OF DATA
You may have your name removed from our e-mail marketing lists at any time. Contact us by phone or email (646.510.3376, email@example.com). You can also send a request by mail to the following postal address: Strategic Alpha Corporation, 3745 North Sheffield Avenue, Suite 4, Chicago, IL 60613.
CONTACTING THE WEBSITE
If you have any questions about this statement, the practices of this website, or your dealings with this website, you can contact us by phone or email (646.510.3376, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Strategic Alpha Corporation Website
3745 North Sheffield Avenue, Suite 4
Chicago, IL 60613
CHANGES AND CLARIFICATIONS
Effective Date: October 1, 2014